Example sentences of all tenses are given in this post.
These sentences will make you more familiar with tenses.
Simple Present Tense Examples
- The earth revolves around the sun.
- She wakes up early in the morning daily.
- I speak French quite well.
- He works in this hotel as a chef.
- They lead a simple life.
- She serves the dinner at half-past eight and puts the children to sleep at half-past nine.
Present Progressive Tense Examples
- He is walking to the door.
- He is trying hard to complete the degree.
- The teacher is delivering the lecture.
- Is Jimmy attending the webinar on digital marketing?
- I understand what you are trying to tell me.
Present Perfect Tense Examples
- He has planted a ridge of cauliflowers in his garden.
- The teacher has explained the use of the verb to the class.
- Tom has completed two chapters of the book.
- I have not yet taken my lunch.
- Has he already left for England for higher studies?
Present Perfect Progressive Tense Examples
- I have been taking a dose of medicine for two weeks.
- I have not been speaking to her for two weeks.
- She has been trying to learn French for one month.
- He has been discussing the interior design for two hours.
- He has been working as an editor in this newspaper since 2013.
Simple Past Tense Examples
- I used to go for a walk.
- The teacher advised the students to frame a timetable for Mathematics.
- He admired the poetry of Shakespeare.
- The little boy fed the fish in the pond.
- I did not wish to talk to about that matter.
Past Progressive Tense Examples
- He was planning for his future studies.
- The gardener was mowing the grass of the lawn.
- The husband was reading a book and the wife was sitting beside him.
- I was peeling potatoes in the kitchen yesterday.
- Was he celebrating his birthday last week?
Past Perfect Tense Examples
- Julia had completed her assignment before the boss arrived.
- The sales manager had successfully achieved the target of sales.
- He had worked as a cashier in this bank.
- She had performed the research work to complete her degree.
- It had rained heavily last year when the roads flooded with water.
Past Perfect Progressive Tense Examples
- He had been playing hockey for two hours.
- He had been making satisfactory progress since his admission to the college.
- I had been working under the supervision of Mr. Williams.
- She had been looking for her lost watch for two hours but she did not find it.
Simple Future Tense Examples
- Tomorrow I am leaving for Dubai.
- I will go to the beach next Sunday.
- She will buy a gift for her friend.
- My father will buy a car for me.
- He will take the final exam next month.
Future Progressive Tense Examples
- She will be making pudding at the weekend.
- He will be drinking tea in the morning at 7 o’clock.
- They will be playing football next Sunday.
- She will be baking pies for her children.
Future Perfect Tense Examples
- Tom will have completed his graduation degree by the end of this year.
- Tom will have traveled to Rome.
- I will have planted a sapling in my lawn.
- I will have done my duty before I’ll leave the office.
Future Perfect Progressive Tense Examples
- The guests will have been leaving the party for one hour.
- The farmer will have been sowing crops since November.
- He will have been painting his house since morning.
- I will have been learning Spanish for two weeks.
- My firm will have been progressing by leaps and bounds.
You may also like: 16 Tenses, Tenses Worksheet, Tenses Exercises
Download: Tenses Examples pdf