Present perfect tense expresses the completion of the action or task of the present. For example, I have taken two doses of medicine.
- till now
Structure / Formula
Subject + has/have + Past participle (v3)
|Subject (He/she/it)||has||Past participle(V3)|
|Subject (I/We/They)||have||Past participle(V3)|
To make the positive sentences, we use this structure,
Subject + has/have + Past participle (V3)
Examples of positive sentences
- Julia has made a sponge cake.
- He has gone to the hill station.
We add ‘not’ after auxiliary verb to make the sentence negative.
Subject + has/have + not + Past participle (V3)
Examples of negative sentences.
- Julia has not made a sponge cake.
- He has not gone to the hill station.
To make the question, auxiliary verb come at the start of the sentence and question mark at the end.
Has/have + subject + Past participle (V3) + ?
Examples of question sentences.
- Has Julia made a sponge cake?
- Has he gone to the hill station?
|How long?|| I have been at work for|
|The work that has recently been completed.||He has just|
cooked the meal.
|Time period that has not finished.||She has drunk two cups of tea today.|
|To describe the specific moment of time.|| We have lived in this house |
- The laborer has pushed the cart.
- She has kneaded the flour.
- I have traveled to Rome.
- He has spent all his money.
- I have taken the examination this month.
- John has written an essay on education.
- Peter has rescued the cat.
- He has read his favorite book.
- The police have caught the thief.
- They have played badminton.
Usually, passive voice of present perfect tense is made when the subject is not known. For example,
- Flowers have been plucked. (affirmative)
- Flowers have not been plucked. (negative)
- Have the flowers been plucked? (question)
Structure of passive voice sentences,
Object + has/have + been + Verb(v3)
- _____ he ___________ the flowers? (pluck)
- Jami __________ with the guitar. (play)
- Anu _________ the flour. (knead)
- The laborer _________ the carriage. (push)
- We _____ not _________ the ruinations. (sketch)
- I _________ an interesting essay. (write)
- ________ you ________ holidays on the beach? (spend)
- _______ our leaders ________ for the prosperity of our country? (work)
- He ______ not _______ the M.A. Examination this year. (take)
- I _________ my clothes. (iron)
- The doctor _________ the pulse of the patient. (feel)
- Jamid ________ on a foreign tour. (go)
- He _____ not ________ the birds. (shoot)
- They _________ the tea. (take)
- Shiza _________ the dose of medicine. (take)
- Has he plucked the flowers?
- Jami has played with the guitar.
- Anu has kneaded the flour.
- The laborer has pushed the carriage.
- We have not sketched the ruinations.
- I have written an interesting essay.
- Have you spent holidays on the beach?
- Have our leaders worked for the prosperity of our country?
- He has not taken the M.A. Examination this year.
- I have ironed my clothes.
- The doctor has felt the pulse of the patient.
- Jamid has gone on a foreign tour.
- He has not shot the birds.
- They have taken the tea.
- Shiza has taken the dose of medicine.