Past Perfect Tense Exercises: It is a practice exercise for you. You need to choose one correct option from the given multiple options.
Recall the past perfect tense formula and solve the exercise.
Subject + had + past participle + object
I _________ French before I moved to France.
The guests _________ before the sunset.
The shopkeeper _________ the shop before I reached there.
The patient _________ medicine before the doctor arrived.
I _________ such a beautiful horse before.
The leopard _________ up the tree before the lion arrived.
Shami _________ to the park.
It _________ in my village.
England _________ the cricket world cup.
She _________ the meal before I came.
He _________ the lamp.
It _________ drizzling before I reached home.
Kiran _________ her birthday.
The employees _________ the target before the boss came.
The poet had already _________ a poem.
- I had studied French before I moved to France.
- The guests had gone before the sunset.
- The shopkeeper had closed the shop before I reached there.
- The patient had taken medicine before the doctor arrived.
- I had not seen such a beautiful horse before.
- The leopard had climbed up the tree before the lion arrived.
- Shami had gone to the park.
- It had not rained in my village.
- England had won the cricket world cup.
- She had cooked the meal before I came.
- He had lighted the lamp.
- It had started drizzling before I reached home.
- Kiran had celebrated her birthday.
- The employees had achieved the target before the boss came.
- The poet had already written a poem.