Past Perfect Tense Exercises: It is a practice exercise for you. You need to choose one correct option from the given multiple options.
Recall the past perfect tense formula and solve the exercise.
Subject + had + past participle + object
- I had studied French before I moved to France.
- The guests had gone before the sunset.
- The shopkeeper had closed the shop before I reached there.
- The patient had taken medicine before the doctor arrived.
- I had not seen such a beautiful horse before.
- The leopard had climbed up the tree before the lion arrived.
- Shami had gone to the park.
- It had not rained in my village.
- England had won the cricket world cup.
- She had cooked the meal before I came.
- He had lighted the lamp.
- It had started drizzling before I reached home.
- Kiran had celebrated her birthday.
- The employees had achieved the target before the boss came.
- The poet had already written a poem.