Past Continuous Tense Exercises: It is a practice exercise for you. You need to choose one correct option from the given multiple options.
Keep in mind the formula of past continuous tense and solve the exercise.
Subject + was/were + V1 (ing form) + object
The kids ________ cartoon shows.
Nimra ________ for her friend when I waved her.
An old man ________ on the bench in the park.
The magician ________ tricks to children.
They ________ across the river.
The audience ________ the speech of the leader.
Who ________ at the door?
The kid was not ________ a storybook.
The postman ________ the letters.
I ________ the clothes.
Shariq ________ a novel while I was watching TV.
I ________ coffee when she arrived.
John ________ meal in that restaurant.
I ________ my friend to complete the assignment.
The farmer ________ in the field yesterday.
- The kids were watching cartoon shows.
- Nimra was waiting for her friend when I waved her.
- An old man was sitting on the bench in the park.
- The magician was showing tricks to children.
- They were swimming across the river.
- The audience were listening to the speaker.
- Who was standing at the door?
- The kid was not reading a storybook.
- The postman was delivering the letters.
- I was not ironing the clothes.
- Shariq was reading a novel while I was watching TV.
- I was drinking coffee when she arrived.
- John was eating meal in that restaurant.
- I was helping my friend to complete the assignment.
- The farmer was working in the field yesterday.