Past Continuous Tense Exercises: It is a practice exercise for you. You need to choose one correct option from the given multiple options.
Keep in mind the formula of past continuous tense and solve the exercise.
Subject + was/were + V1 (ing form) + object
- The kids were watching cartoon shows.
- Nimra was waiting for her friend when I waved her.
- An old man was sitting on the bench in the park.
- The magician was showing tricks to children.
- They were swimming across the river.
- The audience were listening to the speaker.
- Who was standing at the door?
- The kid was not reading a storybook.
- The postman was delivering the letters.
- I was not ironing the clothes.
- Shariq was reading a novel while I was watching TV.
- I was drinking coffee when she arrived.
- John was eating meal in that restaurant.
- I was helping my friend to complete the assignment.
- The farmer was working in the field yesterday.