Past Perfect Continuous Tense Exercises: It is a practice exercise for you. You need to choose one correct option from the given multiple options.
Recall the past perfect continuous tense formula and solve the exercise.
Subject + had + been + V1(ing) + time reference
He __________ in Oxford University since 2016.
Ryan __________ in this house for two years.
She __________ Mathematics since 2017.
I __________ camera since 2008.
Had he __________ poor for two years?
I __________ in that department since 1997.
Tom __________ tea when I entered the room.
She __________ as IT Officer for five years before she was promoted.
The kids __________ in the park for three hours.
Shaila __________ as lawyer since 2015.
- He had been studying in Oxford University since 2016.
- Ryan had been living in this house for two years.
- She had been teaching Mathematics since 2017.
- I had been using camera since 2008.
- Had he been helping poor for two years?
- I had been working in that department since 1997.
- Tom had been drinking tea when I entered the room.
- She had been working as IT Officer for five years before she was promoted.
- The kids had been playing in the park for three hours.
- Shaila had been practicing as a lawyer since 2015.