There are many famous quotes of Nelson Mandela, In this post, we are narrating some popular quotes of Nelson Mandela as well as some other less known ones, but which are just as important and insightful. The Nelson Mandela education quote we are referring to is that “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”. It is quite straightforward and more actionable message that we can act upon. Some other great words of wisdom from him are given below:
- No country can really develop unless its citizens are educated.
- Education is the great engine of personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that the son of a mine worker can become the head of the mine, that a child of farm workers can become the president of a great nation. It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.
- Young people must take it upon themselves to ensure that they receive the highest education possible so that they can represent us well in future as future leaders.
- There are certain precautions you should take to prepare yourself for a fruitful study career. You must brush up your knowledge through systematic reading of literature and newspapers.
- A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.
- Discussion sharpens one’s interest in any subject and accordingly inspires reading and corrects errors.
- One of the things I learned when I was negotiating was that until I changed myself, I could not change others.
Nelson Mandela Quotes on Youth
- If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.
- A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of.
- I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles.
- Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
- We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
- If I had my time over I would do the same again. So would any man who dares call himself a man.
- Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
- What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
Nelson Mandela Quotes on Leadership
- It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
- Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front.
- A good leader can engage in a debate frankly and thoroughly, knowing that at the end he and the other side must be closer, and thus emerge stronger. You don’t have that idea when you are arrogant, superficial, and uninformed.
- Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity.
- Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.
You may also like:
Best education quotes for kids
Nelson Mandela Quotes Forgiveness
- Courageous people do not fear forgiving, for the sake of peace.
- If there are dreams about a beautiful South Africa, there are also roads that lead to their goal. Two of these roads could be named Goodness and Forgiveness.
Nelson Mandela Quotes about Love
- I cannot say for certain if there is such a thing as love at first sight, but I do know that the moment I first glimpsed Winnie Nomzamo, I knew that I wanted to have her as my wife.
- You sharpen your ideas by reducing yourself to the level of the people you are with and a sense of humour and a complete relaxation, even when you’re discussing serious things, does help to mobilise friends around you. And I love that.
- Give a child love, laughter and peace, not AIDS.
- No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
Read also: Best education quotes for teachers
Nelson Mandela Quotes Fear
- There is nothing I fear more than waking up without a program that will help me bring a little happiness to those with no resources, those who are poor, illiterate, and ridden with terminal disease.
- I came across few whites as a boy at Qunu. The local magistrate, of course, was white, as was the nearest shopkeeper. Occasionally, white travelers or policemen passed through our area. These whites appeared as grand as gods to me, and I was aware that they were to be treated with a mixture of fear and respect.
- I was called a terrorist yesterday, but when I came out of jail, many people embraced me, including my enemies, and that is what I normally tell other people who say those who are struggling for liberation in their country are terrorists. I tell them that I was also a terrorist yesterday, but, today, I am admired by the very people who said I was one.
- I hate race discrimination most intensely and in all its manifestations. I have fought it all during my life; I fight it now, and will do so until the end of my days.
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
- A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
- The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
Nice collection of nelson mandela quotes, keep it up Thanks For Sharing this information..
Thanks Emauryaa for your comments.