What Is the Purpose of Education?
Basically education is about teaching and learning skills in all walks of life. Education is meant for changing the way of thinking and improve quality of life. The purpose of education is a very challenging question for the scholars, teachers, professors and students. The question is debatable. If we say that purpose of education is to get job or make career or promote some system which is very limited scope of the education. The purpose of education is very broad as education is necessary from beginning of life to end of life and one can get education throughout his/her life. The education is very helpful in character building and morality of any society.
The basic purposes of the education are as follows:
- The true purpose of education is making minds, not career.
- Education prepares the people to live in society
- The purpose of the education is to give to the body and to the soul all the beauty and all the perfection of which they are capable. (Plato)
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. (Nelson Mandela)
- Education promotes open mindedness.
- Education is builds civilized societies.
- Education has two-fold function to perform in the life of man and in society: the one is utility and the other is culture. Education must enable a man to become more efficient, to achieve with increasing facility of goals of ones life.